Monday, December 31, 2007

Stuart Cable puts block on web claims - icWales

Stuart Cable puts block on web claims - icWales

STUART CABLE has rubbished the claims of a celebrity psychic that he has cashed in on a foreign business venture and met a new partner.

New medium on the block Gavin Cromwell makes the claims on his website, boasting he predicted both things for the former Stereophonics drummer and that they had come true.

But Stuart, now performing with new band Killing for Company, told Wales on Sunday that he was naturally sceptical of psychics but had been roped into visiting Cromwell for the 25-year-old’s TV show Spirit Seekers, due to be aired in the New Year.

It is billed on the fortune teller’s website as ‘a brand new concept in paranormal television’.

And Cromwell claims: “I told Stuart Cable, the former Stereophonics drummer, that I saw a business venture abroad and a new partner and he’s told me that it had come true.”

The musician, who also has a show on Cardiff-based XFM South Wales, said: “With someone like myself you can just go on the net and get a lot of background. I’m very sceptical and cautious when I go into these things.

“I turned over four cards and he told me that there was going to be some venture and a load of money, which everyone likes to hear.”

Asked if there was, the 37-year-old Aberdare-born musician said: “No, not really.”

He added: “He turned over a tarot card called the six of cups and said ‘that’s a good card, because it’s to do with the financial part of your life’. He said ‘it will be something over the next few months that will make you money’.

“I bought a property abroad but I would not say that was a business venture.”

No comments: